This recipe is a family favourite in our house, in need of a tasty and healthy not to mention filling dish? Look no further than my delicious recipe. My children love this recipe, my daughter asks for seconds and even thirds!
I would recommend this for a family of 4; two adults and two children but there is plenty to have another bowl..or two!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Butternut squash (1)
- Olive oil (3 tbsps)
- Small onion (1)
- Fresh sage (handful)
- Cloves of garlic (2)
- Spaghetti (400g)
- Water (1 litre)
- Vegetable stock cube (1)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 7. Peel and chop the squash into 2cm cubes, put to one side. Peel and finely chop the onion and the sage add to the cubes of squash.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the squash, onions and sage to the pan once sizzling, add the salt and pepper and chopped garlic.
- Sauté until the onions are lightly browned then add to an oven dish for around 25-30 minutes.
- While the squash cooks, Bring the litre of water to a boil with a pinch of salt to stop the spaghetti sticking. Once boiling add the spaghetti to the pan.
- Once the cooking time is up and the pasta is cooked, drain and keep the water in a bowl. Add the squash and onions to a pan, add 3-4 cups of starchy pasta water to it and melt the stock cube, allow to boil for 10 minute until the squash is soft.
- Once the squash is soft mash into a sauce consistency and chuck in with the spaghetti, toss around until fully coated.
- Serve with your choice of salad and a garlic flatbread.