- 2 - 3 tbs unsweetened dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups whole cows milk or soya milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper optional
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Pour two cups of milk into a saucepan
- Add half a tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper & your sugar
- Keep whisking until it starts bubbling around the edges and then add your diced chocolate
- Add vanilla extract
- Once boiled pour it into a cup and finish with a cinnamon stick, and top with some cocoa powder and enjoy!
When making a traditional Mexican hot chocolate, you need to have the authentic molinillo whisk for such an occasion.