These Fair Trade stationery packs consist of the following items:
- A cotton bag made by a member of Fair Trade Nepal in Kathmandu.
- A pack of three pencils made from recycled newspapers by a small women's group in Kathmandu. The income from their manufacture is vital to these women.
- A notebook made by a small business which aims to help the poorer people of Nepal by providing employment. The paper used is called Lokta paper and is made from the bark of the Daphe Cannabina shrub which grows in abundance in the Himalayas. No trees are used in the production of this paper and the shrub regrows after harvesting making this paper very eco-friendly.
- A colourful lokta bookmark that is produced by a Fair Trade group just outside Kathmandu who are originally from the Mithila region of Nepal. They recreate the vibrant, primitive style of painting for which the region is famous. Most of the painters are women who have had the skills passed onto them from generation to generation. As well as the income they gain from this work, they also want to keep this traditional artwork alive.
- Includes printed label and insert.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.