Preparation time: less than 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 to 30 mins
This is a delicious seafood noodle soup that has quite an aroma and deep flavour. It is quick to make, and the recipe can be adjusted to your taste. We used fresh scotch bonnet chilli which packed a fiery punch but you can use chilli or powder to your preference. Similar to Tom Yum Soup but cooked much faster on a shorter time schedule!
Everything is finely diced to ensure fast cooking, this Asian dish will light your taste buds, and get you all warmed up inside! Follow our recipe for a refreshingly different soup or swap out the prawns for tofu making it a vegan dish, chicken or a thinly sliced steak. This makes for a fantastic starter or main with other Asian inspired dishes, or for a unique twist, try it with a simple flatbread.
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- 4 tsp dark soy sauce
- fresh chilli
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stock cubes and water
- 3 tsp Thai seven spice
- 3 chestnut mushrooms
- 6 spring onions
- Thumb-size piece of ginger
- olive oil
- 270 prawns
- 300g noodles
- Finely chop up garlic, spring onion, ginger, mushrooms, and chilli
- Place a large saucepan on a low heat, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the finely chopped chilli, and 2 cloves of garlic. Cook for a few minutes (don’t let it burn), then add your prawns.
- Prepare your 2 stock cubes with water, add your soy sauce, and your Thai seven spice to it, mix well and then pour it into your saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then add your noodles. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 5-10 minutes then serve.