Smells absolutely divine, the rich chocolaty smell fills the air and you would not believe that there is even avocado in this other than the fact that it gives you a luxurious creamy texture. Whilst this is a vegetarian recipe, it can be enjoyed and loved by all.
If you are vegan simply swap out the honey for maple syrup. Using simple ingredients like pure cocoa, dark chocolate, avocado, any milk of your choice, and sweetened by honey and banana, this chocolate dessert is an absolute winner. If you’re a real chocolate lover I would recommend adding more dark chocolate, bananas are not essential if your not a banana lover also.
- 2 ½ ripe avocados
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/3 cup melted dark chocolate
- 5 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 x ripe banana
- 3 tbsp. milk of your choice (I used soya)
- Crushed biscuit (optional)
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- Sliced banana (optional)
- Cut open your avocado, remove pip and begin to spoon out the inside of the avocado. Peel and remove banana from the skin.
- Add avocado and banana to a large bowl and mash until smooth. Slowly add in your cocoa powder and stir until incorporated well.
- Boil water in a pan and use a heatproof bowl to melt the chocolate, once melted add to the avocado mix, stir well adding your 5 tbsp of honey (or to taste)
- Mix in the 3 tbsp of your preferred milk and stir the mixture until combined well. Add to a dessert cup/bowl and top with your favourite crushed biscuit and strawberries or leave plain.
- Leave in the fridge to chill and solidify for around 3 hours, the longer the better. Serve and enjoy!
The mousse should last up to 2 days so eat it quick, not that you’ll need to leave it that long in the fridge its too good to not eat!