This recipe is a must try, why? Because its simply the best, its tasty, easy, they look amazing. They always go down great as an after dinner treat or to be enjoyed with a cup of tea, or coffee. Good luck in your cooking journey and get ready to be asked to bake these all the time, they are just delicious.
- Puff pastry sheet properly thawed (245g)
- Salted butter (1/2 cup)
- Soft brown sugar (1 cup)
- Ground cinnamon (1 tbsp)
- Egg (1)
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4
- Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon into your chosen mixing bowl and stir well to combine together.
- Lay the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to avoid sticking.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar mix onto the puff pastry sheet.
- Gently roll up the edges and continue rolling until you have a rolled up sheet, doing so as lightly as you can to avoid breakage. You may need to lightly moisten the edges to stick together.
- Safely using a sharp knife cut up the rolled puff pastry into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces.
- Place the pieces on non stick baking paper to avoid them sticking to the pan. Brush the tops of the swirls with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown, don’t worry if the cinnamon sugar leaks onto the paper there will still be plenty of flavour in the pastry.
- To finish remove the swirls and place onto a wire rack to cool. Once they have cooled dust them with icing sugar and serve with a cuppa tea, coffee or drink of your choice.