Preparation Time: 5 minutes Serves 1 Since cutting down on our consumption of cow's milk. Knowing that I couldn’t have a tasty iced coffee from Starbucks with whipped cream was a nightmare.
I loved indulging in frappes every time I would visit my local town. Since it was easy to make, it would be easy enough to make my own version of a frappe. This version is just as good, if not better and is such a quick and easy frappuccino! I have lost tons of weight from cutting down on my cow's milk consumption. The whipped cream really isn’t missed because of how the soya milk blends and, froths up just like whipped cream.
- Any milk of your choice (100ml)
- Caramel coffee syrup (2tsp)
- Granulated sugar (1tsp)
- A handful of ice (any size is fine)
- Instant coffee granules (1tsp)
- Boiling water (50ml)
- Squirty cream (optional)
- Boil the kettle, add the coffee granules and chosen sugar in a small cup. Add the 50 ml of boiling water to dissolve the coffee and sugar giving it a good mix to ensure all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the milk and ice into the blender.
- Add the caramel sauce and the coffee to the blender leaving enough room for the coffee.
- Blend it on high speed for around 1-2 minutes, or until all the ice has been blended well.
- Serve and enjoy in your favourite glass!
This is such a quick and easy frappe recipe and is a hit with the whole family. My partner and I, simply cannot get enough of them as they are a great boost of energy. You can also use decaffeinated coffee if you are sensitive to caffeine or if you plan on having this drink later on in the evening.