Preparation time: less than 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
Yields: 12 Yorkshire Puddings
Yorkshire puddings are by far one of the most favourite things to have on your roast dinner plate, my mum has always brought frozen ones that take 5 minutes in the oven, and I can't deny they are tasty, crunchy and doughy just what you want in a Yorkshire pudding but this recipe makes them 100% better guaranteed!
I have been making them for years, trial and error most of the time, but I have the perfected recipe and they never, ever go wrong I could do it with my eyes closed now. They used to turn out like little cakes my partner found it funny but it was such a stressful thing, they never ever rose. But now they never let me down as I altered the recipe. Its always a nerve-wracking time cooking for your in-laws you want to know that the roast you cook them is simply the best. Follow my step-by-step instructions and you will not regret a thing. Good luck! (Not that you’ll need it)
- 70g Plain flour
- 2 Medium free-range eggs (organic if you can)
- 100ml of soya milk (or your preferred milk)
- olive oil, sunflower oil, or rapeseed oil any is fine.
- Get a large mixing bowl, add your eggs and flour to the bowl.
- Begin to whisk into a smooth consistency.
- Start adding your 100ml of milk and whisking continuously, you can use a hand mixer if you have one.
- Once all the ingredients are well combined make sure you have NO lumps as this will affect your outcome. Place it in the fridge to chill for around 1-2 hours, you don’t have to do this but I always find they rise better this way.
- If you are not refrigerating the mixture then pre-heat the oven to gas mark 8, then add a drizzle of your chosen cooking oil into your Yorkshire pudding tin.
- Put the Yorkshire pudding pan into the hot oven, once the oil is hot (around 5-7 minutes later) remove the dish, and quickly evenly pour out your mixture into each hole. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Don't open the oven or they will fall flat down and not rise.
Once they are cooked, remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!